05/2017 Update: After using Easy Invoice App for over a year and appreciating it's value, I have stopped using it due to a change in their pricing. It may still be a viable option for your business, but for now I have chosen to go back to using a template on my MacBook. A little more work, less utility, but cheaper and not held ransom by a 3rd party app.
The calendar can be an effective agent of change. For the past 11 years I had been generating almost all my sales documents by hand. That means hundreds and hundreds of pages worth of estimates and invoices, all painstakingly hand-written. The thing is, I had experimented with Word and Pages and dabbled with various apps, but nothing seemed to meet my needs. I felt like it was simpler and that it gave my business a craftsman feel. But maybe it was fear of change, laziness to learn a new method, or pure procrastination. Either way, the time had come to try something new.
This past January I decided that it was time to commit to switching to digital estimates and invoices. After 2 months of using this particular app to create all my estimates and invoices, I think I found an effective new tool that is an asset to my business. I'd like to share it with you in case you are looking for a simple way to manage this aspect of your business...
Here are some of the benefits I have found so far:
1. Set up is fairly intuitive and quick.
2. Creates customizable professional looking estimates = higher closing rate and higher profits.
3. Easily generates an invoice from an estimate with a single step, saving you time.
4. Keeps your sales documents in a single place, in a portable format.
5. Tracks your Accounts Receivables, showing you who owes you what for how long.
6. Reduces the chance of losing an important document, as it emails you a BCC copy of each transaction as a back up.
7. Makes invoicing, tracking and getting paid efficient, especially for corporate or out of town clients.
8. Helps you easily capture email addresses to create a customer email list.
9. Helps you not forget to include important details like your terms, etc.
10. Generate reports instantly to visualize where your work is coming from to prioritize clients and jobs.
11. Makes your customer contact info portable.
12. It makes submitting paperwork to repeat clients very quick.
13. Receiving an email confirmation of the acceptance of an estimate you submit provides written confirmation, which may prevent haggling at the end of a job.
While this app is free, it will require a modest investment of time to familiarize yourself with the lay out and features, and then to customize it to your business needs. You can find out more information about it by clicking on this link:
Easy Invoice App
If you appreciate the free content on MicroContractor Blog, please share with a link and click the article sponsor's ad: